Demonstrating it continued commitment to the development and growth of football in the country, the Bahamas Football Association recently announced the appointment of its new Technical Director, Marc Bircham. Marc Bircham holds a UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Pro License, the highest coaching certification available in UEFA. He holds UEFA “A” and “B” licenses along with a Football Association (FA) coaching certificate. During his football coaching career, he has worked with the Queens Park Rangers (QPR) and Millwall Football Clubs in England. In Canada, he served as a youth coach for four years. In the USA, he worked as an assistant manager for the Arizona United and Chicago Fire soccer teams. Here is a recent interview with Marc where he answered the following – https://we.tl/t-PVwWWTRjYr
- What are you most looking forward to once you actively take up your role in The Bahamas?
- You have extensive football experience, as a player and in coaching and managing. What does this new
role as Technical Director represent for your career?
- The Bahamas Football Association has been instrumental in paving the way for The Bahamas to host many
international football events in the past, this will likely continue. How important is this for our players and
the development of the sport?
- Given the impact of COVID-19 on sports and everydaylife, have you been doing any training or coaching
- Give us an overview of your plan of action once you begin to work, in person, with our teams and players.
- The BFA has published its Kicking COVID-19 guide for the reopening of football outlining the
responsibilities of parents, coaches and players. While we hope that we can resume play as we knew it in
the near future, how do you think playing without fans impacts the players?