Biminites are said to be taking the two-week lockdown seriously; paying attention to protocols and staying off the streets and at homes.
Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Delon Brennen said so far they are very pleased with what is going on with every hope that it continues until the lockdown is lifted.
Increasing positive cases of COVID-19 left authorities with little choice but to shut down hotspot Bimini until midnight May 30th.
The prime minister has indicated that this date will be extended to a total of 14 days when Parliament reconvenes next Wednesday.
There are 13 confirmed cases of the virus on Bimini.
Writer: Macushla Pinder