The Ministry of Health confirms today that there are fifty (50) additional confirmed cases of COVID-19. This brings the total number of confirmed cases to two thousand two hundred seventeen (2,217).
There have been one thousand three hundred seventy-eight (1,378) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New Providence, five hundred fifty-two (552) confirmed cases in Grand Bahama, sixty-seven (67) confirmed cases in Abaco, fifty-three (53) confirmed cases in Bimini, nineteen (19) confirmed cases in Exuma, fifteen (15) confirmed cases in the Berry Islands, eleven (11) confirmed cases in Inagua, eight (8) confirmed cases in Cat Island, six (6) confirmed cases in Eleuthera, four (4) confirmed cases in Acklins, two (2) confirmed cases in Crooked Island, two (2) confirmed cases in Long Island, two (2) confirmed cases in Mayaguana, one (1) confirmed case in Andros, and ninety-seven (97) confirmed cases with locations pending.
The breakdown of the new cases by island is as follows:
|Island||# of Cases|
Investigations are ongoing, and health officials continue to follow the condition of the other current COVID-19 positive cases.
The Ministry of Health also confirms the unfortunate death of a seventy-seven (77) year old male of New Providence who passed away this morning, 31st August, 2020. Consequently, the death toll stands as forty-four (44).
The public is reminded to practice the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- wear a face mask when you leave home;
- maintain a physical distance of six (6) feet from others;
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least seventy percent (70%) alcohol;
- cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue; and
- clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls,counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.Do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.