The Ministry of Health confirms today that there are fifty-five (55) additional confirmed cases of COVID-19. This brings the total number of confirmed cases to three thousand three hundred seventy (3,370). There have been two thousand three hundred forty (2,340) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New Providence, six hundred sixteen (616) confirmed cases in Grand Bahama, one hundred six (106) confirmed cases in Abaco, fifty-four (54) confirmed cases in Bimini, twenty- seven (27) confirmed cases in Exuma, eighteen (18) confirmed cases in Inagua, fifteen (15) confirmed cases in the Berry Islands, nineteen (19) confirmed cases in Eleuthera, eleven (11) confirmed cases in Long Island, eight (8) confirmed cases in Cat Island, seven (7) confirmed cases in Acklins, five (5) confirmed cases in Crooked Island, four (4) confirmed cases in Andros, three (3) confirmed cases in Mayaguana, and one hundred thirty-seven (137) confirmed cases with locations pending.
The breakdown of the new cases by island is as follows:
Investigations are ongoing, and health officials continue to follow the condition of the other current COVID-19 positive cases.
The Ministry of Health also confirms today that there are two (2) additional deaths under investigation. This increases the number of deaths under investigation to eighteen (18) and the confirmed death toll remains standing at seventy-four (74).
The public is reminded to practice the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- wear a face mask when you leave home;
- maintain a physical distance of six (6) feet from others;
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least seventy percent (70%) alcohol;
- cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue; and
- clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls, counters, doorknobs, and keyboards. Do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.