The Ministry of Health confirms today that there are five (5) additional confirmed cases of COVID-19. This brings the total number of confirmed cases to one hundred twenty-nine (129). There have been ninety-four (94) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New Providence, twenty-one (21) confirmed cases in Grand Bahama, thirteen (13) confirmed cases in Bimini, and one (1) confirmed case in Cat Cay.
The newly confirmed cases are as follows:
- Case #125 is a thirty-seven (37) year old male of Inagua with a history of travel. This case is in isolation at home;
- Case #126 is a sixty-four (64) year old male of Inagua with a history of travel. This case is also in isolation at home;
- Case #127 is a twenty-nine (29) year old female of New Providence. This case too is in isolation at home. Travel details are pending.
- Case #128 is a thirty-four (34) year old female of New Providence. This case is also in isolation at home. Travel details too are pending.
- Case #129 is a fifty (50) year old female of New Providence. This case remains in isolation at home. Travel details are also pending. Investigations are in preliminary stages, and a complete update will be published at a later date. Health officials continue to follow the condition of the other current COVID-19 positive cases. The public is reminded to practice the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- wear a face mask when you leave home;
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol;
- cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue; and
- clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remotes controls, counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
Do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.