The Ministry of Health confirms today that there are forty-seven (47) additional confirmed cases of COVID-19. This brings the total number of confirmed cases to nine hundred forty-five (945). There are four hundred twenty-eight (428) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Grand Bahama, four hundred twenty (420) confirmed cases in New Providence, forty-five (45) confirmed cases in Bimini, twenty-eight (28) confirmed cases in Abaco, twelve (12) confirmed cases in the Berry Islands, four (4) confirmed cases in Exuma, three (3) confirmed cases in Cat Island, one (1) confirmed case in Eleuthera, and four (4) other cases pending.
The breakdown of the new cases for each island is as follows:
Island # of Cases
Grand Bahama 39
New Providence 3
Investigations are ongoing, and health officials continue to follow the condition of the other current COVID-19 positive cases. The 9th August 2020 Edition of the Dashboard reported an additional death. This individual is a thirty-four (34) year old male of New Providence who passed away on 6th August 2020. Investigations are being conducted into the details of this unfortunate death. The death toll now
stands at fifteen (15).
The public is reminded to practice the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- wear a face mask when you leave home;
- maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others;
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap and water
- are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol;
- cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue; and
- clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls,
- counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
- Do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.