From: Bahamas Information Services
The Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) advises that the hospital has commenced a phased return to normal hospital services while continuing to ensure the safety of patients and staff in the current COVID-19 environment. The following Specialty Clinics have employed a hybrid model of face-to-face and virtual appointments effective 21st February 2022:
- Medical Clinic;
- Surgical Clinic;
- Orthopedic Clinic;
- Infectious Disease Clinic;
- Chest Clinic;
- Paediatric Clinic
- ENT Clinic;
- Gynaecology Clinic;
- Dental Clinic;
- Ophthalmology Clinic;
- Oncology Clinic;
- Agape (Family Medicine) Clinic
Patients requiring appointments to these Specialty Clinics should e-mail a copy of the referral or discharge letter to firstname.lastname@example.org,, or send via WhatsApp, a clear copy of the referral or discharge letter to telephone number (242) 808.9972.
Further, PMH is pleased to advise that visitations/relaxation of COVID-19 policy will begin effective Monday 28th February 2022 as follows:
• Limited visitors list for ICU and NICU will continue.
• Paediatrics visitations will be limited to mother and father only; one visitor at a time.
• On general wards, two (2) visitors are permitted for clients aged 65 and above; one visitor at a time with a 15-minute time limit, with one of those visitors being the legal Next of Kin. Visitors will be managed via the CCB Entrance where they will be required to check in and obtain their passes. Visiting Hours are 6pm to 8pm daily.
COVID-19 protocols will be enforced including temperature check, face masks, social distancing, and hand sanitization. The public is reminded to follow all public service and community announcements from the Ministry of Health & Wellness and the Public Hospitals Authority for further information on public health services.