The Bahamas, one of the world’s leading destinations for weddings and honeymoons, is gearing up to host two virtual events – From The Bahamas With Love – to showcase the vast offerings for romantic escapes throughout the destination. The expo will bring together industry leaders, partners, hotels, venues and services for a truly unique and educational experience for trade and consumer participants.
The virtual events will kick off on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 (from 1pm to 4pm EST), with an afternoon planned specifically for trade professionals, including travel agents and event planners. The second day will be held on Wednesday, March 10, 2021 (from 4pm to 7pm EST), and is open to consumers, including soon-to-be engaged or recently engaged couples, future brides and grooms, bachelorette party planners, honeymoon do-over seekers and more.
The pandemic has caused many couples to postpone or reimagine their romantic getaways over the last year, and the destination wants to ensure future planning is made as seamless as possible in 2021. From the Bahamas With Love will feature a diverse series of panel discussions with experts from across all romance industry sectors, along with opportunities to network directly with partners. Those attending will enjoy a literal “taste” of The Bahamas from home via the following activities and experiences:
- Engaging Panels + Breakout Sessions: Virtual sessions will highlight current trends, how to accommodate various wedding styles and preferences in The Bahamas, keeping the romance alive with activities and adventures for every type of couple and more. Sessions to include:
- Love On Board (March 3) featuring Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation Deputy Director General Ellison “Tommy” Thompson and the three promotion boards.
- A New Take on Romantic Travel (March 3) being moderated by Alan Berg, Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and leading wedding business consultant, featuring panelists Lisa Sheldon (Co-founder of Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Specialist Association), David Woods (President of the Association of Bridal Consultants) and Danielle Andrews (Co-founder of the Wedding Planners Institute of Canada)
- Romance Reimagined (March 3 and March 10) being moderated by Bridgette King, Executive Director with the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, featuring panelists Jena Conway (Director of Weddings and Special Occasions at Atlantis, Paradise Island), Gilda Noboa, Director of Sales and Marketing for USA and Canada (Viva Wyndham); Desiree Moxey, Director of Events (Baha Mar Grand Hyatt) (Boutique hotels will be featured during the consumer day panel discussion.)
- Love Is All You Need (March 3 and March 10) with moderator Cindy Coakley-Knowles, President of the Bahamas Bridal Association, and featuring panelists Natalie Appleyard, Director of Wildflowers; Marva Munroe of Chic Bahamas Weddings, photographer Lyndah Wells and Kenton Burrows of Expressions Entertainment.