Joseph Dargavage, Managing Partner of Romora Bay Resort & Marina, was elected President of the Association of Bahamas Marinas today. He succeeds Capt. Peter Maury in the role.
Mr. Dargavage, “Joe” to all who know him is a former president of the association. He served for two years as vice president, during which he travelled extensively for speaking engagements to calm concerns in the boating market in the wake of hurricane Dorian and during the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mr. Dargavage is co-chair of the Bahamas Charter Yacht Show’s steering committee and a member of the boards of directors of the US Superyacht Association and the Bahamas Hotel & Tourism Association (BHTA). He is also a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association (IYBA).
Mr. Demaro Demeritte, General Manager at the Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina was elected Vice President of the association. A former banker who gravitated to the recreational maritime sector after recognizing its growth potential, he was previously the marina manager at the Palm Cay Marina before moving to Hurricane Hole a year ago.
Both gentlemen thanked their fellow members for the confidence shown in them and gave their assurance of commitment to work in the best interests of all members. The complete 2022-23 leadership team of ABM is:
- Joe Dargavage (Romora Bay Resort & Marina) – President
- Peter Maury (Bay Street Marina) – Past President
- Demaro Demeritte (Hurricane Hole Marina) – Vice President
- Stephen Kappeler (Bimini Big Game Resort & Marina – Treasurer
- Justin Dubowitz (Cape Eleuthera Resort & Marina)- Secretary
- Tyrone Anderson (Valentines Residences, Resort & Marina)- Member
- Wendy Edler (Flying Fish Marina) – Member
- Laura Garcia (United Island & Yacht ) – Member