The Prime Minister, the Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office along with other government officials traveled to the island of Grand Bahama on Thursday to assess ongoing work to rebuild post Hurricane Dorian. The Prime Minister also announced that additional funds have been sourced to aid in the rebuilding efforts.
Prime Minister, the Hon. Philip Davis spoke to members of the media at the Ministry for Grand Bahama. He said, “this trip is for me to assess the pace of the work for the restoration in east Grand Bahama, to evaluate what else has to be done in so far as home repairs in all of Grand Bahama and also see the readiness of Grand Bahama for any other eventuality of hurricane this year.”
The Prime Minister went further stating, “the executive team of the DRA are in town to do this assessment and we’re going to be working assiduously to ensure that east Grand Bahama is restored as close as possible to what it was before Hurricane Dorian.”
Minister of State, the Hon. Myles Laroda said, “in the past I’ve been saying when the money comes, when the money comes, so we’re in a much better position. We have some and so this won’t be just empty promises.”
Also part of the delegation were the Executive Chairman and Acting Managing Director of the Disaster Reconstruction Authority.