Dames comments on 10-year-old shooting

0
700

Police continue to search for the person or persons responsible for the shooting death of 10 year old, Kenron Dean, who was shot and killed last week Thursday, March 11th while at his home on Finlayson Street in Bain Town.

Police have confirmed that he was not the intended target.

Tuesday, Minister of National Security, Hon. Marvin Dames, says he is saddened by the incident and calls it unfortunate. He says that this incident is a matter that must be solved.

“I had an opportunity to speak with the commissioner yesterday and got a full briefing, and I’m very pleased with how they are progressing with respect to the investigations.

“I had an opportunity to speak to Ms. Dean as well, the mother of the young man Kenron, who just happens to be an employee, a staff at the ministry of national security, and she too, it just happens to be a difficult time for her.

“But she is very pleased how the police is taking care of this matter and keeping her and her family abreast as to how they are proceeding” Dames explained.

Minister Dames is expressing concern of the number of shootings as of late. 

“It’s always a concern. This is the world that we are living in today, unfortunately, and this is certainly priority number one for us as a government and certainly for the Royal Bahamas Police Force.

“You know there are too many guns on our streets.

“Police continue to do a tremendous job in taking guns off our streets, but like drugs, as long as you have a demand, ah, you know, you are going to see that proliferation, and unfortunately for some time now, guns are the weapons of choice” the National Security Minister said.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.